Friday, January 20, 2017

MTC Week 1 1/2

Hi Mom and Dad! Finally today is p-day! We just got back from the temple and did endowment sessions and it was awesome.  I really needed a break and going to the temple really helped relieve a lot of my stress.  So far I'm doing pretty well.  I have only cried about four times and only briefly.  So to start off my companion is okay.  We clash a lot but I'm trying my best to get along with her and not let it bother me.  She takes forever to get ready.  We are pretty much always late everywhere and it makes me mad because I'm always ready early.  Getting up early in the morning isn't too bad anymore.  These past couple of days it's been rough because I'm starting to get sick.  I have a sore throat and a cough so that's no fun.  I can't afford to miss any classes because there is so much to learn! I have had to teach four investigators while being here and it's been hard but also such a huge learning experience.  I am definitely seeing myself progress and I feel more confident about teaching.  We do role plays EVERDAY and I hate role plays but they do help us improve.  Its' also hard because my companion is shy and never takes charge in lessons so I have to do all of they work so it can be pretty stressful.  My district is pretty cool. I love the Elders the most obviously because I have also gotten along better with boys haha.  The Sisters in my district are over all pretty cool there are just times when they can bug me but oh well!  Yes I do have one cute Elder in  my district and his name is Elder Burnett.  So that's a plus! (just kidding around haha) The food is pretty good! You definitely can't be picky because when you're hungry you will eat!  Thought I would be dying with no soda but I'm doing good with that. I have had four teachers so far and in the MTC that's rare but they all have school and so on.  The greatest thing about lots of teachers is more insight from different people!  The first day I got here I already had blisters on my heels so that was fun. Alyssa got here Wednesday and we ran into each other and were screaming.  I was so happy to see someone I knew.  We have seen each other everyday since then at lunch so we get some time to talk.  Yesterday her dad dropped off swig cookies for her so she brought me by one.  That really made my night because I was having a hard time last night.  Definitely took a half an hour in the shower just crying.  There's a lot to take in but I know this will benefit me for the rest of my life.  Last Sunday we had an apostle (Niel L Anderson) come and speak to us and it was so eye opening.  This Sunday I was picked to pray at the devotional in front of the WHOLE MTC so I'm pretty nervous.  My calling is the music coordinator so I love that I'm able to invite the spirit and pick the sacrament hymns.  Next Sunday I have to teach Relief Society as well.  Overall the MTC isn't too bad but I am excited for when I get to leave. I leave the MTC January 24th! So I have a list of things I would like for you guys to  send me so I can get it before I leave the MTC. Sorry for all the misspelled words I don't have alot of time! Youll have to fix my errors haha.  I miss you both so much!!!!!   A scripture that has been keeping me going this whole time is Alma 26:27.


6 comments:

  1. So happy to see this! So proud of you ❤️ It's great to hear about the MTC! Wow , you stay so busy! I am so proud of you and your decision to serve the Lord! You will be a great Missionary and will help so many people! Continue to move forward and trust in the Lord! He will guide you! God Bless you every day! Prayers for you always! You keep smiling! That smile lights up a room!�� Love and hugs to you! ��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO great and REAL! She is strong and going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that google doesnt like emojis! lol sorry for the question marks!! Lol😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is your companion in these pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Austin how great you are able to do so much in such a little about of time! You made it to the mission field, YAY. Bundle up you are going to be so beautiful with those rosy cheeks when people open their door they won't be able to resist letting you in! Love you, Gram

    ReplyDelete