Wednesday, March 22, 2017

week 11

 Can't believe it's already preparation day! Time is flying by now! It's starting to warm up which I'm not happy about because I love winter! We are due to get another snow storm here soon so it's not spring yet! So many great things have happened this week that I don't have enough time to explain it all. There's too much! One thing cool that happened was I was picked by my zone leaders to give a discussion during zone training and I actually did well! The night before I was freaking out and was so nervous but once I got up to talk all of my fear went away. It is very rare for a missionary in training to be asked to give a discussion. So I feel pretty cool! 

I don't even know where to start with this week! A dog peed on me so that happened :) We have been so busy. Back to back appointments and no break time! It's been bittersweet. I have been pretty exhausted since starting some medication that makes me drowsy sometimes so it's been tough but all is well! I really love this area! There is so much work to be done! Its really sad how mean people are to us at times. Its rough getting doors shut on you all the time. PEOPLE THIS IS THE TRUE CHURCH I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOU LISTEN TO ME! ...Since being on my mission I have developed a fear of dogs and cats haha. Of course every person HAS to own a cat or a dog in this town. It's kind of a missionary thing being afraid or just hating dogs because they always attack us! The big dogs drive me nuts! I would say the only part I don't enjoy about visiting people houses is if they own animals. We leave houses with dog and cat hair all over us and it's just bleh haha. 

Anyways...the topic of this week has been a lot on Patriarchal Blessings, the priesthood, temples, and the birth of Jesus. A lot of our lessons this week revolved around these topics! It is seriously such a blessing to be able to get a Patriarchal blessing and it's so unique to you. Each week read your own. If you have not yet received yours yet, make that your next goal. I just love the members here. They have been so helpful to us and so caring. The members need to stop feeding us so good because I'm gonna come back 100 pounds heavier! Haha, but seriously it's bad. Kirby gives us a lot of chocolate too so that's even worse! Yesterday we had dinner with the Bulbulians (my favorite family) for the third time in two weeks. They just love us and it's so nice to see how appreciated missionaries really are. When we showed up yesterday they had opened the back of their car with a ton of groceries that they got for us. It was the nicest thing. After dinner we shared with them the children's bible video "the birth of Jesus Christ" and we asked them what it means to them that Jesus was born. It was such a powerful lesson that me and sister Bulbulian were crying. The Savior lives and because of Him we can too. What does the birth of Jesus mean to you? If Jesus wasn't born, life would have no meaning. We would have no purpose, no plan. I'm so grateful that I have the privilege to wear the name Jesus Christ over my heart everyday. And that I have the opportunity to testify of Him everyday. We talked a lot about temples this week and how special it is. I wish everyone around the world could go inside the temple, but because they are so sacred we must be worthy and active to enter them. Baptism, endowments, and sealings are saving ordinances to enter into the Celestial kingdom of God. Reach high and you will accomplish these goals which will lead you to eternal life. Who is Jesus Christ to you? 

I want to share one of the general conference talks I read this week called "Abide in My love" by Elder Chrisofferson. "God's love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply there." How comforting is that? His love is so extreme we cannot comprehend it. "The final judgment is not just an evaluation of a sum total of good and evil acts- what we have done. It is an acknowledgement of the final effect of our acts and thoughts- what we have become." - Elder Oaks. I invite you to stop looking back on all of the mistakes you've made in your life and start looking forward and changing. We cannot change our past but we can change our future. 

I testify that Jesus is the Christ. That we all have a purpose on this earth. I know there is a reason why you are here now. I know that there is a reason for every trial; to mold us into stronger people. Read your scriptures and pray everyday, that's how we change and improve. Go to church and take of the Sacrament. Work your way towards the temple because it truly is the most amazing building you will ever step foot in in your life. God loves you. I love you. Jesus died for YOU so that you may return to heaven once again. As long as you're trying and striving to improve, that is all the Lord asks. But you have to really try. Press forward with faith in Christ and you are promised eternal life. 

Sorry this email is short and no pictures this week but I love each and every one of you. Families can be together forever and I know that. This week I want you all to watch the children's bible video "the birth of Jesus" also the holiday video "because of Him". And guess what's coming up! GENERAL CONFERENCE! I challenge you to watch it all and write down your thoughts. It truly is a blessing to be able to have a living prophet here today on earth to help and guide us. I invite you to make getting your Patriarchal blessing the next step for you. It is so amazing. If you already have yours great! Your challenge is to take names to the temple and get the work done! There are family members just waiting for us to do their work. They are turning to you! 

Thought of the day: don't send your kids to church....take your kids to church. ❤

I love you all and I hope you have the best week. I love reading your emails and seeing your faces. You are all amazing. Look for the positives everyday. Wise words from the Anthony Miles "I've never had a bad day in my life, just some are better than others." Keep the faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment