Saturday, May 12, 2018

Week 68

Sister Thiel: "Honestly the Book of Mormon is good but if I am on a deserted island I'm gonna take a tall dark man with me. Nothing weird just to hunt and keep me warm at night it's just common sense."





Goodmorning lovelies! Wow I can't believe I have about a month left until I return home! Time won't stop! I have yet to accept the fact that I can't be a full time missionary forever! Happy early Mother's day to all the wonderful mothers I know!

Well we had a pretty good week! It felt like we were running around constantly and we could never catch a break! With that we had alot of fun things happen and got alot done!

Tuesday was our last day to attend the temple for a few weeks while they are closed for maintenance so we soaked all of that up! This week and next we get to help clean the temple! I'm mostly excited to clean the chandelier in the Celestial room! First experience! Anyways, we had some lessons Tuesday morning and then we had to go pick up treats for our fun get together with Don. We had a great turn out! We wanted to keep it a good size so 10 of the members, including our ward missionaries, came and we had a good time! Don cooked some deer for us and he begged me to try it. I did and it wasn't bad but I said "Don don't be offended if I hate it, I'm picky." I love that Don and I have that goofy relationship. Investigators are the best! Tuesday night we went to the church to meet a bunch of missionaries that were transferring. I got to see my sista Sister Phillips and her and Sister Miller got to stay the night at our place! That night was sadly a time for goodbyes for people I would not see for a good while. Sister Larsen was one of them! Yes I cried when I said goodbye to her! I absolutely love both Sister Phillips and Sister Larsen. They both have touched my heart and strengthened me. I'll be empty until I see them again!

Wednesday was transfer day so I had to sneak over to the mission home to see my bestie (girl husband) Sister Lewis! It was the last time we would see each other until she returns home in July! I adore Sister Lewis beyond comprehension. As she got into the transfer van I couldn't hold myself back from singing "God be with you till we meet again." Haha she wasn't having it.

Thursday besides having tons of planning, we went out for visits with the Cove Creek ward! We had a person or two tell us not to contact them and then a member that wanted their name removed from the church. So...it was interesting and sad at the same time. We also did service for Sister Nadeau that day and helped her clean out her fridge.

Friday was packed! We started off with service at the food bank at 10 and were there for a little. We made sack lunches for the homeless and it was great! After we went over to the Greens to help Sister Green pack for her trip! They are going to be in Utah until the end of May! While we were there Ellsie shared her talent with us and played a few songs on the guitar and sang to us! I had chills! I just love the Green family and don't ever want to leave them! Later we saw Sister Hodges and we always enjoy our visits with her. She's the sweetest women! For dinner that night we went out to Olive Garden with Sister Thiel and it was the best! First time having that in over a year!

Saturday was wild and tiring! We had service with Sister Thiel at her daughter's house. Our assignment was to clean 10 feet + windows for a relief society activity we are having this week. The windows had bugs, mud and water spots all over them so she wanted them to look presentable haha. We did that for about three hours in the scorching heat and I almost got stung by a bee and fell in the pool. That would have been an interesting one to explain to President. By the end of it we smelt terrible and we had to run over to the church to have interviews with the sister training leaders. Poor Sister Wilson had to sit with me for about 40 minutes! I love love Sister Wilson and her cute personality. She loves the people she serves and is the sweetest! After all that I had to run home to take a shower because it was that bad! The rest of the night we visited people and dropped off cookies!

Sunday we had ward council super early so that was rough! Yesterday was fast Sunday so usually I'm a bit slower haha. We had such a fun time with both of our wards. I bore my testimony in each and teared up for sure! I'm so sad to be leaving these people soon. It doesn't feel real. That night we had dinner with the Combs family and it was a blast! We had elk!

We had a great week! Super busy and we have another busy week ahead of us!

I love my Savior and I truly am grateful for his grace and patience with me. Have a great week!

Keep the faith. 
Love,
Sister Austin Miles

2215 Monad Rd. Apt. 4
Billings, MT 59102

Montana Billings Mission














No comments:

Post a Comment