Tuesday, May 29, 2018

WEEK 70

 "I got my headstone done 10 years ago so my kids wouldn't have to worry about it when I die. Sometimes I go up there to see how I'm doing. Birds are always pooping on it too." -Sister Thiel



Hey family and friends! Wow, one more email after this and then I'll be on my way home. As each day goes by my heart aches even more than the day before! I love the people here! They have become my family and I'll definitely be leaving the majority of my heart here when I leave.

Enough with the sappy stuff...here's this week!

Highlights:
~I shared in my last email about how sick I was on Sunday and I continued to be sick until Wednesday this past week so that took some time to get over.
~The Shiloh sisters came to my rescue as I sent them a text for 911 and needing ice cream! Totally cured my sickness haha!
~We got to see Peggy again and we continued to teach her about temples just to clarify everything for her. She will be trying to stop smoking so she can go so extra prayers wouldn't hurt!
~I had to start backing up all of my photos and information to a usb and it took a good chunk of hours. Shoutout to Sister Rash for being techy and helping me!
~We had my last dinner with the Riley family and it was so sad! But Sister Riley makes amazing brownies that she gave to us and I'll just say my life is forever changed!
~With the warm weather coming around, mosquitoes have been attacking us! It was about 65° in someone's house and I was sweating! My body isn't ready for California!
~We got to help clean Cove Creeks church building on Saturday and we got stuck with the good ole bathrooms haha. It was great to do some service since a couple less showed up so they needed the help.
~We did some service for Sister Thiel and got to help her write some things and such. We also had a great lesson with her and she's just amazing! We have lunch with her this week and I will miss her so much! She has become a true friend.
~We saw the Greens and had an amazing visit with them! Sister Green has surgery the 5th of June so please keep her and her family in your prayers! They found out not only is she in the 3rd stage of liver failure but also her kidneys are failing.
~We had dinner with the Murdock family who has all crazy boys (bless their hearts). We did the paper cross lesson with them and ended up making a ton since each of the boys wanted to learn how to do it.
~Yesterday was technically my last Sunday with Monad Ward since we have stake conference this week so Bishop Allen asked me to bear my testimony one last time and it was so sad! This place has become home. 
~Said a final goodbye to Kenzie Crossleys as she heads off to the MTC this week to serve in the Philippines!

The rest of the open time we tried a few people to visit and didn't have much success there but overall it was a good, spiritual week!

I have been so blessed to have been able to serve in this area for six months. I have witnessed so many miracles. Here is one of the recent miracles:

When I first met the Green family I had been in the area for about three weeks. They were a new move in to the ward. I was so drawn to them and wanted to get to know them as soon as I could. When I first met them we had talked for two hours and just got to know each other. Ellsie the daughter wasn't super active and was struggling with her testimony. She would ask questions with so much doubt in her heart and I just wanted to fix everything for her and help her to know that she had a Heavenly Father that loved her. Ever since I have been here, I have visited with the Green family every week. Sister Green started to go back to the temple regardless of her health problems. Ellsie recently shared with us her testimony and it felt as if my heart was to big to be inside and was bursting out of me. She has actively been attending the YSA ward, attends the temple weekly, reads her scriptures, prays, and now knows that their is a God and that He does answer prayers. When I first met Ellsie she was the definition of a having broken heart and a contrite spirit. She now plans to be married in the temple and so much more.

I testify that there is a God and that He does answer prayers and that He does love us. I know that the Savior gave his all for each person that has and will ever live on this earth. The Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ and his love for us. Have you read the Book of Mormon lately? When was the last time you knelt down and said your prayers? Have you asked God who needs you today?

I invite you all to ponder these questions and to act. I love this gospel and the peace it has brought me, as well as direction in my life. Have a great week everyone!

Keep the faith. 

Love,
Sister Austin Miles

2215 Monad Rd. Apt. 4
Billings, MT 59102

Montana Billings Mission








No comments:

Post a Comment