Sunday, April 9, 2017

Week 13

Well howdy! This week has been filled with ups and downs but I'm glad I'm on to a new week! Yes I hit 3 months on Tuesday! I only have two weeks left of training as well! Hope you all had a great conference week and got to listen to all the inspiring talks! 

This week...Tuesday we went out with one of the ward Missionaries Sister Davison and she's awesome. We went around to the new move ins and welcomed them into the ward and it was fun getting to know more people. When we were driving we had looked over and saw this older man fall straight on his head! We freaked out and pulled over and it took us about 30 minutes to get him inside his house. Don't worry he's okay! We got to talk with him and his wife for a little and they are just the nicest people. They kept saying God was watching out for them because we came to help. We are planning to go to visit them and share more about the gospel with them! Tuesday we also had interviews with President Wadsworth! I love my mission presidents so much. Tuesday was some what of a rough day and I ended up getting a blessing from one of the elders in my district. I felt so much better after and I'm grateful for the power that the priesthood has to help us in times of need. Wednesday was zone conference until three so it was all day for the most part. The rest of the week we had lessons and tracted! It was so funny. Sister Decker and I were walking the streets and talking to people and this one lady was about to walk into her house. Sister Decker was like "Go talk to her!" I was like no way that's so awkward we are half way across the street. It ended up Sister Decker and I pushing and shoving each other in the street fighting over who was going to talk to this lady. It was hilarious. Yes even people who have been out for 14 months get nervous to talk to people. Anyone who saw us probably thought we were crazy missionaries haha. I love Sister Decker. One day we were having a deep conversation and she said "one of the reasons I love you so much is because you remind me of my sister." And then we both started to cry. We are so alike it's crazy. The other day we were sitting in the car and were watching a squirrel kid you not for ten minutes and just kept saying how cute it was. Yup that's sometimes what missionaries do on their break times. Nothing to crazy happened this week to report on! Saturday (April fools) we went to the Wilda's and they played a little funny joke on us. So they weren't really cupcakes...it was meatballs and mashed potatoes. And they were like "we have brownies"...get it BROWN E'S haha. Pictures below! Also this Wednesday I was asked to give another discussion so I'll be working on that! Sad thing to share..the one person we had on date out of no where moved to Helena so now she's not our investigator so yesterday was a sad day for us! Anyways today we have a ton of errands to run and we decided to treat ourselves to pizza and baskin robbins ice cream so we are pretty happy. Its supposed to snow today too. Good ol Montana weather! Below are a bunch of random pictures. Yes I am doing push ups in one picture. I dropped my book of Mormon..when we do that or drop our garments on the floor we have to do push ups as punishment haha. 

Now onto the spiritual side of the email...
A few days ago the new Easter video came out on Mormon.org called the "Prince of Peace"(also on the gospel library app). Go watch it it's amazing! The video really strengthened my testimony on the Atonement and all the Savior has done for us. We love him because he first loved us. Throughout my mission I have had to really learn to rely on the Atonement for strength and comfort. I hope you all got a chance to watch conference because it was so amazing. I would list off everything I liked but it would take days for me to write it all out. I will not lie this week has been extremely hard for me. Due to a lot of exhaustion, rejection, homesickness, etc. Prayer has been my saving grace. The scriptures have been my saving grace. I know that as we learn to rely on the Savior he will lift us up and carry our burdens on his shoulders. "Look up to heaven. Look up to Christ."- Yoon Hwan Choi 

My challenge for you this week is to watch the Easter video and "Learn principles of peace from the Prince of Peace." I invite you to share the video with a friend on Facebook. I'm sure you will make some one's day and you could be an answer to some one's prayer.

Heads up- The rules for my Facebook is that I am only allowed to friend family from home. I am not allowed to friend ward members, friends from home and so on. I think I made my page public to all so those who I can't friend can stay updated. I am not allowed to use messenger with family as well. Just for those who think I'm ignoring their request! I just cant friend others besides family. 

Thought of the day: Have I done any good in the world today? 

I love you all and miss you dearly. I care for you. I think of you. I pray for you. I love hearing from you and your pictures you send as well as your letters. They comfort me and strengthen me when at times when I think I cannot go on. I really do miss you all and hope you all have a great week and enjoy yourselves. Keep the faith. 

Love,
Sister Miles


No comments:

Post a Comment