Monday, April 17, 2017

week 15

Happy Monday! Wow...last week was great. I have never been so happy in my life. Times are hard here and there but I would not want to be anywhere else! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well! Sad I missed it with you but I thought about you tons! I have the best family and friends in the world! 

So our investigator that we had on date for baptism who moved all of the sudden is moving back to Great Falls! We are pretty excited because she is so ready! We got four referrals in one day so the work in our area is starting to grow so much! We have so many people close to baptism so this next transfer is going to be golden I just know it. Transfer news...I'm staying with Sister Decker! We are both pretty pumped. If I could I would stay in Great Falls for forever. I would live here! Since Friday we have been in a trio with Sister Ashcroft and it has been so much fun. TRIPAN! Tomorrow we drive down to Helena to pick up her new companion which guess who it is...SISTER MOUNTEER! My mtc companion! I'm so unbelievably excited to see her again! This week we also had inspections so that went great. We had stake conference and our mission presidents came and it was the best! We had some great lessons this week as well! The work is moving along. We had a Easter party at a members and two of our investigators families came and they loved it! It was so good for them and we were just so pumped! Funny story of the week...so I woke up at exactly 2:47 in the morning...I woke myself up as I was sleep TESTIFYING. I said "I know this Gospel is true and it can bring you so much happiness...wait what is happening I'm so confused...did you ask me a question?... Sister Decker: NO ITS SLEEP TIME GO TO BED." It was great. I was so confused but I testify so much during the day it makes sense I would be doing it in my sleep haha. Two of the greatest lessons were this week that I've had on my whole mission so far. We saw Al and Judy and they are golden! They want to know everything so I am so hopeful for them! Our lesson with Kirby Saturday was amazing. I cried most of the lesson and Kirby got up to get me tissues. He's just the best. We were doing this Easter lesson with these eggs. Each egg represents something different that happened before Christ was crucified. There are 12 eggs and on the last egg Kirby opened it and it was empty. The note said "He is not here, He is risen." I started to ball my eyes out immediately and bore my testimony on the Savior. That same day I finished training and after I closed my training I cried. I cried because I thought I would never make it. I cried because I had overcome something that I never thought I could accomplish. I cried because I thought of how could someone love me that much to do something so extreme for me? "Isn't it amazing what you can do when you believe in yourself and the person who knows what they are doing?" I know that when we trust in the Savior with ALL our heart, he will make it all possible. I am so grateful. I'm grateful for the Atonement  and the opportunity we have to repent. We have a chance because of the Savior. God knew we would make mistakes so He sent the Savior because he loves us that much. For all those who are thinking about serving a mission or preparing to...I'm here to tell you that serving a mission will be one of the best things that will ever happen to you. "Come as you are but don't expect to stay the way that you were." A mission will change you, but for the good. I am so grateful that I am here today serving in the Montana Billings Mission. I am grateful for the mercy that has been extended to me from my Heavenly Father. I love my life so much more because of the new perspective I have from serving. I lose sleep so they can find rest. I cry more so they can cry less. I gave up 18 months with my family so that other people's families can be together forever. I promise to all of you that as you keep the commandments you will be so much more free. I know that my Savior lives. I know this church is true. I can't thank all of you enough for all of the support you have given me. I would have never been able to make it this far without you and Christ. I challenge you all to ponder this week just on some things you personally feel you need to improve on to strengthen your relationship with your Heavenly Father whatever that may be. I love you all and miss you! Keep going strong. Keep the faith. 

~Thoughts of the week:" If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world..." -John 15:19. You are all at unique. Dont be in the world. 
~Strive to turn outward instead of inward. That's the character of Christ. Completely selfless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment