Thursday, April 13, 2017

week 14

Wow its already Monday again?! Crazy to think that I've been in Great Falls for over a month! Transfers are coming up quick! I'll find out if I'll be staying or going this coming Easter Sunday. I hope I get to stay! 

This week...Tuesdays are always slow days for Sister Decker and I. This week has been pretty hard for us so Tuesday we were so anxious; we took a 10 minute break and decided to go get ice cream because we really needed it! We both have spent a lot of this week crying due to the life as a missionary and other issues. Wednesday was district meeting and I gave my discussion which I didn't think I did too great on. I didn't have a ton of time to study since things have been pretty crazy for Sister Decker and I. We have been dead tired the majority of our time due to a full schedule. This week is probably going to be slow. We don't have very many lessons and need to find new investigators. So we will be knocking on a ton of doors this week! After a while your knuckles start to hurt. Not a ton to report on this week...it's snowed a couple of times! Crazy how overnight so much snow can come about! We saw Kirby quite a few times this week and he just cracks me up. Yesterday he said "Tomorrow's fast and furious huh?" (He means fast Sunday) He's hilarious. Sister Decker and I started our fast at 1 o'clock Saturday and ended our fast at 1 o'clock Sunday. So a full 24 hours no water, food, gum, nothing! We did it! It was hard but when you are fasting with a purpose you forget how hungry you are. Sister Decker forgot we were fasting Saturday night and she was about to drink her water and I smacked it out of her hand. Water spilt all over her and I said "WAIT WE'RE FASTING!" We both started cracking up but all is well. 

We saw a lady Sister Jones who is just absolutely adorable and she said "Oh honey, you're nice looking" and sister Decker and I were just laughing. She's the sweetest. We had dinner with the elders and a member, Sister Darnell, and she paused twice while we were all talking and said to everyone, "Isn't she just adorable?" pointing to me haha. Self esteem boost for me! The drivers here are interesting so every time we have road rage and slip something out of our mouth we try to bring it back positively. For example, the other day someone was not being a good driver and I said "You're stupid". Then paused...and said "I mean you're a child of God." Haha so Sister Decker and I do that now. Overall my week was hectic and overwhelming but I have my hopes high for this week to be a good one. 

I have a testimony of this gospel. It is not easy to stand alone at times or to repent. I know that as we remain faithful God will provide us with the things we need. Hold on. As a missionary I thought of this scripture that can apply to all of us. "And to what were ye ordained?....to preach my gospel." My mission president shared this in zone conference and it was completely silent in the room as he said it. Tears filled my eyes as he said it looking at me directly. I have had struggles lately with my purpose as a missionary but when I heard that I remembered that by the power of the priesthood, I was set apart to do this and to proclaim the word of God. Life is not easy but with Christ it can be. I love you all and I miss you so much. Challenge for the week. Read one verse a night and say your prayers. Make this a daily habit. I promise you as you do so it will all become easier and you will receive so many blessings by doing so. If you've been keeping this challenge already I encourage you this week to make it a goal to not complain. I'm working on this challenge so we can all do it together! Be grateful for all that you have and know that someone out there always has it worse than you. You all inspire me and are amazing. Keep up your hard work. I know as you keep the commandments and really strive to be 100% dedicated to church you will find so much happiness. 

I am now in Alma in the Book of Mormon so I am making progress! My goal is to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of next transfer or before! I wanted to bring up someone that gives such awesome talks and I encourage you all to look up Hank Smith. Listen to his talks! They are so inspiring! 

"One of the great consolations of this Easter season is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so." I would like you all to watch the video on gospel library titled "None were with Him". The Savior walked alone, suffered for us, loves us, forgives us, and so much more. With Easter coming up I invite you all to think of the meaning of Easter. Think of the Atonement and what Jesus Christ did for you. God knew we would mess up and face trials...so He sent the Savior. I hope you all got a chance to watch the new Easter video the church released and were able to recognize the way the Savior was described. He took no money, he didn't complain, he wore a crown of thorns, He heals broken bonds, broken souls, and so much more. He loves you. Heavenly Father loves you. I know that. You are the children of the most high. How amazing is that? I want you all to remember that YOU are the creative force in your life. YOU have the power to change and to take control of your life. YOU can do all things. Wake up every morning and look in the mirror and love what you see because our Heavenly Father created us in his own image. God doesn't create ugly. YOU are a child of God. 


Ps...I love love hand written letters so anyone who writes one I will write back! I would love to hear from everyone! Shout out to the young woman for all the wonderful things they have sent me. I love you all so much! 
107 19th st N
Great Falls, Montana
59401

Thought of the day: How have I seen God's hand in my life? Who is Jesus Christ to me? 
Keep the faith. 


Love,
Sister Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment