Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week 17




Well hello and good morning! Hope everyone had a good week! Mine was crazy busy but so many miracles happened this week! I just love Great Falls! This is my place! I can't believe it's already May! Where has the time gone...

Below I will attach some screenshots of what our weeks are like...notice you won't see any blank spots...always busy! So last week we were told they are putting tiwi boxes in the cars. Not cool! So a little about these boxes, they monitor our driving. It has our location, speed, how long we were in the car..everything! We were all pretty devastated when we heard those were coming into the mission in a few weeks. Yikes! Speaking of driving, I might have to drive within the next couple of weeks so I'm freaking out! I haven't driven for four months! 

Well last week I gave another discussion and it went pretty well! We did a lot of finding and tracting. We got about six return appointments with investigators so we are pumped!  There really have been so many miracles this week and I am so grateful for the blessings that come from being obedient. God truly has people prepared here and we have been out looking for them! Everyone here is so nice, even the ones who aren't interested. We met an atheist and he said we could come back and teach him! We were totally shocked but I truly believe the spirit was softening his heart. The gospel is for everyone! Never judge a book by its cover! The ward here is so on top of missionary work I love it! We have a busy week this week with lots of lessons! So excited. Now that I'm used to being on the go I can't stand not doing something! Shocking I know since I used to nap all the time and was super lazy haha. Missions change you! 

I encourage you this week to look for every opportunity given to serve. I know that true happiness comes from serving those around you and being in the service of your God. One night we saw this man walking and he looked pretty down. We kept driving but then I felt this prompting to turn around and to go talk to him. I definitely fought the prompting because I just wanted to keep going and to be honest he looked a little scary to talk to. We turned around and got out of the car. We walked up to him and were just chatting with him and he said that we had contacted him about a month ago. I was wondering why he looked so familiar! He was super nice and we got to talk with him a little and we invited him to learn. Turns out he has been taking care of his sick grandma who has cancer. At first when I received that prompting I had no idea why we had to go talk to this man but after meeting with him, I knew why. We have no idea what goes on in other people's lives at times but I promise you as you stay worthy to have the holy ghost dwell within you, you will hear those promptings. My testimony grew after this experience as I sat and pondered about this life and those around us. Serve. Love. Give. I testify that this is the true church that Jesus Christ himself once established on the earth. I have studied, I have prayed and I know. If you doubt, pray. We all have doubts in this life and I sure had mine but once I prayed and asked Heavenly Father....he give me surety. Jesus Christ died on the cross for you and loves you. It is hard to comprehend how much love Heavenly Father and the Son of God have for us because it is so much. I love hearing those words...the Son of God. They don't care about your past and who you were. They care about who you are becoming and what you will be. Forgive yourself because they already have. Forgive others. Bless those that curse you and do wrong against you. 

I would just like to share some words from my favorite talk from this last conference:
"One day, a few months after my baptism, I heard some members criticizing each other in church. I was very disappointed. I went home and told my father that maybe I should not go to church anymore. It was difficult to see members criticize others like that. After listening, my father taught me that the gospel had been restored and it is perfect but members are not yet, neither himself nor me. He firmly said, “Do not lose your faith because of the people around you, but build a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. Don’t look around, look up! Look up to Jesus Christ—the wise advice of my father—strengthens my faith whenever I face challenges in life. He taught me how to apply the teachings of Christ, as in these words: “Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.” -Elder Yoon Hwan Choi 

President Thomas S. Monson encouraged us, “May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong.” It is never too late to look up to Jesus Christ. 

Thought of the day: What is my purpose in this life? (Hints of how you can find out and learn a little more...The Restoration Pamphlet in the gospel library app) 

Keep reading! Keep attending church! Keep growing! Look up and keep the faith. 

Love,
Sister Miles




2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! So proud of you! I love reading your posts! So inspiring! Keep it up! You are a light to others! Love and hugs!
    Caleen Beatty😊❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your letters, growth & love you have for your mission. The promptings you feel & act on are touching lives....keep doing that!!! Love you Austin, sending hugs.
    ❤️MamaSarm

    ReplyDelete