Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 26

Good morming!
How was every one's fourth of July? Well it's transfer week! I am sadly leaving Great Falls after being here for almost five months. I'm super sad but honestly I need something new. Last night with the Mathews we cried saying goodbyes and it hurt but I'm glad that I was able to make an impact on their lives. As I was bearing my testimony I was just flooded with tears. My testimony has grown so much from so many people here and my heart aches to leave but I know that great falls will always have a special place in my heart. Today and tomorrow will be tough because I have more goodbyes to do! Today consists of packing :) I am getting transferred to Helena 4th ward with Sister Packer. I've met Sister Packer a few times and I've sent pictures with her! She was trained by Sister Decker and she served in my first area with my other trainer Sister Robertson. So there we have something in common! I'm nervous for the change but know that the Lord has much in store.

The two baptisms were great and successful! I am super excited for them to continue on their journeys. It's been extremely cool to go through the process with both Bonnie and Shanelle. Greg our other investigator is planning for baptism in August! He would do it now but since he is reliant on his oxygen he is scared to take it out to go under the water. But August is his month! I'm sad I won't be here but I will have the opportunity to Skype into the baptism! Greg got a priesthood blessing last night and the emotions in the room were incredible. Looking back at who is was and who he is now blows my mind. I feel extremely privileged and blessed to have taught Greg. He's the elect. 

Fourth of July was fun! We got to stay out until 10:30 only if we were with members and we went over to the Gilchers home for a BBQ with some of the other ward members! It was fun! We also got to go to the parade that day and we went with our investigators and it was a blast! It's been super hot here so we are dying but I'm getting some sun! Whoop whoop!

 Update yes there was an earthquake here...couple of after shocks too that were just as big. It was 12 in the morning and I'm a heavy sleeper so I'm surprised I woke up but I guess I was woken up to be apart of listening to Sister Cannons reaction to the earthquake. Sister Cannon has never been in an earthquake and since the second grade she has had s fear of them. Well sure enough I experienced Sister Cannons first encounter with an earthquake. She woke up and asked me "What the heck is going on?" I said "it's just an earthquake...." JUST. Being from California I didn't mind it and plus I was so dang tired I could care less if the roof was going to collapse on me or not. Since the earthquake, everyday Sister Cannon says "Guess what? There was an earthquake." Haha she can't get over it it's hilarious. All is well here though. It was a 5.8! Also to go along with a crazy week someone drove into the mission home. Not on purpose! The lady in the car had a heartache and drove into the mission home and a crazy miracle happened...her seat belt (you know when it locks?) locked so tight that it was the thing that was able to pound on her chest and restart her heart. Crazy! Nobody was hurt in the mission home. I guess this lady just really wanted the gospel so she had to make herself known! 

That's my update!

Last week was hard as it has been but I have been extremely comforted by the words of our apostles today. Whenever I'm stressed I either go straight to music or listen to a conference talk. I know these men are inspired. When you may have your struggles turn to the leaders of the church today. We are so blessed. I have a strong testimony of this gospel. I have seen so many blessings that the gospel has given me. Everything I have in my life that is good is because of Jesus Christ, my family, and my God...our eternal Father in heaven. There is a talk by Elder Holland and I invite you all to watch it. It's an amazing testimony or the Book of Mormon. It's called "Testimony of the Book of Mormon" and it's in The gospel library app. The church is true! 

I love you all and I hope you have an amazing week! 

Keep the faith. 

(New address attached) 

Love,
Sister Austin Miles ♡

2765 Thunder Rd 
Helena, MT 59601

No comments:

Post a Comment