Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 29

Hello friends! Can you believe that this week is already August? Sorry that summer is coming to and end for y'all. No summer for missionaries so it doesn't bother me haha. I'm pretty happy because that means fall is coming around! It's sad that I'm used to the 90-100 degree weather here. I don't really notice the difference except for the nice sunburn on my arms! I'm going to come home so tan! (Tan in my eyes) 

So....last week! 
Definitely wiped out but it was great we got a lot of work done! Exciting news we have a new family that is investigating the church and they came to church yesterday! We had dinner with them last Friday with some members and the lesson we had was so amazing, it left some of us crying (aka me). They are so awesome. They stayed for all three hours plus the dinner the ward provided and I'm just so excited! Update on Chelsey! I love this girl so much. She has been progressing so much since I got here. She went from the stubborn Chelsey that I love to a Chelsey that wants to change. Whenever she says "I'm gonna go have a smoke" I punch her and tell her how bad it is and she just laughs. We have a very close relationship and I just have so much faith in her. We are just working hard right now helping less actives return to church and finding new investigators! We have so many people that are so close to baptism so we are super excited. 

If y'all didn't know Montana is having some crazy fires so pretty much the whole state of Montana fasted and prayed for the fires to stay under control. 

This week we have zone conference and it is one of my favorite parts of the transfer because we get to see President and Sister Wadsworth! I also get to see Sister Cannon this week so I'm excited! I miss her! 

Lately I have been thinking about what it means to be a disciple of Christ. Everyday I think of ways I can improve by one being more like the Savior and two being his disciple. A disciple devotes all their time to the Lord, thinks not of them self and more. Being a disciple of Christ we then realize that our lives will never be ours again. That is being completely selfless and putting all of your efforts and time towards the Lord. This is something that I have struggled with throughout my mission. Dedicating it all to the Lord and becoming completely selfless throughout the work. We learn from the Savior to love and to serve others. Developing Christlike attributes is something I have been striving to obtain as well lately. In Nephi 27:27 it says "...therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." This scripture hit me pretty hard last week when I was thinking about being more like Christ. We all struggle with devoting all of our energy and time to the Lord because the natural man is selfish. It is promised to us in Matthew 16:25 that "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." 

I have a testimony of this gospel that I know it is true and it will improve the quality of your lives. I have a testimony that the book of Mormon is true and by reading it daily you will discover who Christ is in your lives. Keep the faith. 

The gospel changes lives...so share it! 

I love you all ❤

Love,
Sister Austin Miles ♡

1557 COLORADO GULCH
HELENA, MT 59601

No comments:

Post a Comment