Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 39


"Look out they're creepers looking for converts"-kayla








Goodmorning! Well I got transferred up to Deer Lodge finishing Sister Phillips training. Wow she is a rockstar! She is such an amazing missionary! She just takes the lead! There is one ward here and we cover a branch in Phillipsburg about and hour away. I ended up back in a small town again just like my first area and I'll be honest I'm struggling. It's hard coming from the city to a small quiet town. Everyone here is much older so there aren't alot of kids around. Definitely facing alot of homesickness due to the gloomy weather and loneliness of the town but I know the Lord will help me get through just like he always has. Yesterday was a slower day for me and I was discouraged but after a few tears and a break I decided to keep going. Being on my mission I have learned a great lesson that I can do hard things. 

I've been out a whole pregnancy! Whoop whoop NINE months! Who would have thought I would have ever made it this far (because I sure didn't believe I could). I am now in my fourth area and have had seven companions! Time is starting to fly by. In just less than three months I'll be able to Skype home again! How crazy! In the spirit of the wonderful October month please go all out on Halloween for me since I can't. 

Alot of things are changing in the mission so it's been a hectic week trying to figure everything out and get situated. Sister Phillips and I gave talks on Sunday and I'll be giving a discussion at our district meeting on Wednesday. When youre the new person in the area you get asked to do everything. All the prayers, talks, discussions, etc. It's great haha. 

Well Wednesday was transfers and of course I was super sad to leave Sister Labrum. We went through some crazy stuff together in the wild Helena 4th area but I am forever grateful for her. She's the best! I also got to see Sister Cannon who I just adore so that was fun! Also I was so sad because Sister Medley won't be my sister training leader anymore! She went to Missoula. I love all of the people you meet on a mission and the friendships you build. 

Throughout the week we found a few new investigators so that was exciting! We have five people on date for baptism here and one getting baptized this weekend! We had a ward baptism yesterday and three investigators came! The rest of the week we did service for the senior center and the food pantry which we do every week! They give us free food so it's the best. Today we are going down to Anaconda for preparation day! We have to get our oil changed as well. 

I just want to share one of my favorite quotes from this last conference!

"God knows your every thought, your sorrows, and your greatest hopes. God knows the many times you have sought Him. The many times you have felt limitless joy. The many times you have wept in loneliness. The many times you have felt helpless, confused, or angry. Yet, no matter your history—if you have faltered, failed, feel broken, bitter, betrayed, or beaten—know that you are not alone. God still calls to you.

Turn your soul toward the light. Begin your own wonderful journey home. As you do so, your life will be better, happier, and more purposeful." -President Uchtdorf 

I love you all so much! Keep the faith 🌼


Love,
Sister Austin Miles
PO Box 284 Deer Lodge MT 59722

Montana Billings Mission 🇧🇿


I'll miss my sweet companion Sister Labrum and all of our fun adventures. As well as all the mice we had in our apartment :) I'll miss Zoozoo too! But isn't my new companion adorable?! I just love Sister Phillips! And below is a sweet picture of me when I was in my first transfer to now...wow what nine months can do to ya. I'll take more pictures next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment