Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 44

"You know who I'm gonna marry? An Elder who takes care of his area book. That's what I'm looking for."


Hello friends! Well just another great week in Deer Lodge with my good ol friend Sister Phillips! We got our transfer news and Sister Phillips will be leaving me and going to Wyoming! But guess who is coming here to Deer Lodge...SISTER LEWIS! I came out with Sister Lewis and I screamed when I heard we would be companions! I'm so excited! I'm sad to see my pal Sister Phillips go but she is a great missionary and more of the world needs to see her. Moving on so I don't cry! 

Tuesday we spent the day in Philipsburg and man was it cold. We don't have alot of people to teach down there so our only option is to knock on every door possible. We tracted at night and it was freezing cold so by the time we were done we were like Jack Frost up in here. We stayed the night at a members house since we had to drive to Anaconda the next morning for district meeting. We found some cool people in Philipsburg so we hope to go back and teach them!

Wednesday we had a few good lessons and helped some investigators with family history! The ward here is very involved with family history so it's great! Three of our recent converts will be heading to the temple soon and will be taking family names with them. Noel will be baptizing her mom and Shane will be baptizing his dad. Keith is still in the process of finding names! When Sister Phillips and I were putting in our converts families information, the spirit was so strong. To see these children of God come back into the fold of God and then desire that for their family is just touching. I am hoping to make it to the temple with them! 

Thursday of course is the greatest day! Weekly planning! We spent alot of our day cleaning out the area book as well as preparing for the week to come. We did some more family history that night and as well had a lesson with Susan! We have been visiting Susan for the past couple of months now. Thursday we had a short but powerful lesson and invited her to be baptized. She was so sure and really desired to know if these things were true for herself. We can't wait to follow up with her to see how things have been with her. 

Friday we had service and found some new people! At the end of the week we found nine new investigators! We're pretty pumped! Sister Phillips and I have really just been relying on the spirit 100% and we have seen miracles from that. 

Saturday we saw Kristy and I just love Kristy. I was so happy to hear that she lived her when I showed up in Deer Lodge. She has changed so much since I last saw her in Great Falls. Saturday we had one of the best lessons I have ever had with her. She wants to change and it was so amazing to see the difference in her. The spirit changes hearts. 

Yesterday we had a great time in church. It was the primary program so we loved it! It was definitely what I needed to help keep me going. Children have a special spirit to them. I truly believe they are closer to God. That is why children need to attend church. They have alot to offer to this world. We had a bomb lesson with this guy named John yesterday as well. He has been taught by missionaries on and off for the last two years. The lesson that we had with John was the most powerful lesson I think I have ever had on my mission. I would describe it but words really can't describe the things I felt in that moment. I was a little sick the rest of the day so we went onto Facebook and did a ton of phone finding. We have found so many people just by calling them and setting up appointments! Its great! Sister Phillips finished training as well and I am so proud of her! I have learned so much from her. She truly has inspired me and I'm heart broken to split up. Alright enough of the sappy stuff...

This past week was alot different than others. For a while I felt that my testimony was at a stand still but we had so many powerful lessons that I am just so grateful for the opportunity to progress. I am grateful for the fall of Adam and Eve because I cannot imagine a life without the opportunity to grow and change. Change has been a big word for me these past few weeks. I have been often pondering on the things I need to change that will in the end goal help me return back to my Father in Heaven. Think of that for yourselves. What is it in your life that may be keeping you from progressing? If you can identify it, I invite you to take action and to change it. Our testimony that we have today or the life we live currently is not enough. We need to be progressing each day and seeking out ways we can do that. I testify that this is Christ's true church. I only know that because I took action and I prayed and asked God. I read the Book of Mormon and let it speak to me. If you are satisfied with the life you have now, I promise you it can only get better with the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

"Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you, my friends Sidney and Joseph (or Austin), your families are well; they are in mine hands, and I will do with them as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power." -D&C 100:1 

This scripture has been something that has gotten me through my mission at times where I am homesick or worried about loved ones at home. The Lord has greater power than I. Remember that he has the power to heal us, so what better person to turn to in your darkest times...

"In the kingdom of Our Heavenly Father, no man is a "nobody.""- Marvin J. Ashton

I love you all. Keep the faith. 

Pictures: 
-Sister Phillips went in to knock on a door and accidentally let the chicken in so we spent 15 minutes trying to get it out. She finally decided to pick it up.
-An investigator has a bobcat as a pet! 
-Rough day in Philipsburg 


Love,
Sister Austin Miles

PO Box 284 Deer Lodge MT 59722

Montana Billings Mission







No comments:

Post a Comment