Monday, January 29, 2018

Week 54

"I like calling myself cute" -Noah


Good morning everyone! What a week! So many eventful things happened. This week is going to be another eventful week because I get to celebrate my 21st birthday on Friday with the Zullos! On the sad note of things, so many of my favorite missionaries go home this Saturday so I will probably cry. Transfers are next Wednesday so Sunday we find out our transfer news! Recently I also found out my official coming home date and it's June 9th. WHAT IS HAPPENING. 

Well last Monday I had to do some online things for school and have been in the process of readmission for UVU (still don't know if I'm actually going to UVU anymore) so that was stressful. I have changed my mind so much on the mission that I don't even know what the wack I'm doing when I get home (please pray for me haha).

Since our car broke again we have driven three different cars this week! Two of them were previously from elders and were so trashed we had to clean them spotless, so the elders appreciated that. We are currently driving a truck that we don't want to give up! We should be getting our original car back soon. Our apartment also decided to flood over night while we were sleeping, so we woke up to a nice surprise yesterday morning. We are supposed to be getting our carpets cleaned today so yay! Our breaker also blew and our fridge was off for hours so that was fun too! 

We did alot of service last week! From cleaning cars, to organizing people's storage, and cleaning out garages. We did Zone service on Saturday for a lady named Deb! It took us three hours! (Pictures at the bottom) 

EXCITING NEWS: Remember Joseph my investigator in Deer Lodge? Well...HE GOT BAPTIZED. Sister Phillips and I had the opportunity to Skype into his baptism and it was amazing. I teared up that's for sure! Recently the missionary department sent out an email saying that we could no longer Skype into baptisms so we got lucky and were able to do that last one! 

We had interviews with President and that is always a fun time! Basically the whole time President laughed at me and agreed with me being dramatic (he's right). I love that man! I shed some tears during the interview because we both were looking back on where I started and where I am now. President said "I'm proud of you. You've changed." I just about lost it. I am so grateful for my mission and I don't want it to end! 

Another service activity we got to do was painting nails for little old ladies! We got to pair up with the Shiloh sisters and it was the most entertaining hour of my life. One of the ladies, ruby, is so ornery and hit me on the back haha. I love these ladies because they have no filter so it's just a crack up. One of the other ladies, Anna, said "I want a sexy color!" 

We had some awesome lessons with members wanting to return back to church. The time with them just warmed my heart. All of them just need love! All people need is love! We are now doing alot of member work and it's one of my favorite things now! One of the member families we are working with are the Greens. Let me tell ya about the Greens....

The Greens are active but Sister Green sometimes can't make it to church because of her illness. She just found out a few days ago that she has lymphoma and a bunch of other things to go along with that. I cried. They are one of my favorite families. We visit them often and this week we are celebrating Sister green, ellsie, and my birthday because we all have a birthday the same week! Now where I'm going with this is simple...

JUST LOVE. This week I invite you all to do something for someone else and simply just love them. I am so grateful for the love the Savior and my Heavenly Father have for me and for each of you. They are forever here with you. 

"From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children. Time in this setting does not allow even a cursory examination of the scriptures or our own latter-day history, which are so filled with accounts of angels ministering to those on earth, but it is rich doctrine and rich history indeed.

Usually such beings are not seen. Sometimes they are. But seen or unseen they are always near.

Sometimes their assignments are very grand and have significance for the whole world. Sometimes the messages are more private. Occasionally the angelic purpose is to warn. But most often it is to comfort, to provide some form of merciful attention, guidance in difficult times. When in Lehi’s dream he found himself in a frightening place, “a dark and dreary waste,” as he described it, he was met by an angel, “a man … dressed in a white robe; … he spake unto me,” Lehi said, “and bade me follow him.” Lehi did follow him to safety and ultimately to the path of salvation. In the course of life all of us spend time in “dark and dreary” places, wildernesses, circumstances of sorrow or fear or discouragement. Our present day is filled with global distress over financial crises, energy problems, terrorist attacks, and natural calamities. These translate into individual and family concerns not only about homes in which to live and food available to eat but also about the ultimate safety and well-being of our children and the latter-day prophecies about our planet. More serious than these—and sometimes related to them—are matters of ethical, moral, and spiritual decay seen in populations large and small, at home and abroad. But I testify that angels are still sent to help us." - Elder Holland 

I testify along with Elder Holland that God and Christ are still here with you. I know that this church is true and it is the way to full happiness. 

I love each of you and I hope you enjoy your week! 

Keep the faith. 

PICTURES:
-Zone Service 
-Me waiting it out while the elders tease me 
-elders car & jacked the elders glasses 
-Josephs baptism!
-my bestie Sister Phillips!













1 comment:

  1. You have grown SO much!! I LOVE seeing this! You rock Sister Miles!

    ReplyDelete