Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 47

*shows light the world* "What did you think?...."I think it's emotional blackmail." -John



Hello world. Wow what a week! Today I hit 11 months! Last week we spent our days doing tons of service! We decorated a bakery, helped at a clothes store, served food, made cookies, cleaned houses, washed laundry, washed dishes, donated clothes, delivered flowers, bought food and more. The most service I have done in one week! We didn't get to teach as many lessons since we were caught up in all the service but it was well worth it! 

Monday was a rough day for me! I lost my wallet so I had to make a bunch of calls to work things out. I was so sick from all the stress. Most of the week I had headaches and took a step back because of all the emotional distress haha. Monday night Shane (our recent covert) taught family home evening in the Pierces home! It was great! Update: Shane received his temple recommend yesterday and will heading to the temple soon! 

Tuesday we spent the morning doing our studies and helping Shane and Sarah clean their home. It looked so nice after we were done! They didn't have a working dish washer or washer for their clothes, so we took it home with us and did it for them! It really helped them out. The majority of the day we spent driving back and forth from deer lodge to helena for a fun little trip :) (sike) Sister labrum knows what I'm talking about...
The rest of the night we spent finding! 

Wednesday Sister Lewis and I gave discussions in district meeting and it was a blast. The rest of the day we taught a few lessons and found some new investigators!

Thursday was a full day of service so we were running around like crazy! We got tons of free clothes so it was the best! We weekly planned with the time that we had and then went about our day.

Friday we had a meeting in the morning then we went off to the senior center to make milkshakes! Well the ice cream machine was broken so we had to get creative. Shelly who works at the senior center went out and bought tubs of ice cream and we had to manage with that. Eventually the mixer was possessed and ice cream exploded all over me. Good times! We went over to the food pantry after and unloaded 400 pounds of elk meat. So gross! Every time we are heading out of the food pantry Dave always asks us to take meat and I'm like noooo! I think I'm becoming a vegetarian.

Saturday and Sunday were days spent with lots of finding! We spent alot of time out in the cold while it was snowing on us. God bless my parents for the coat they recently sent me. Sunday night was the Christmas Devotional and let me tell ya...I was bawling like a baby. I really love some of the things that were said. "Christ left his Heavenly home to sacrifice for us so I could for sure leave my home for a few discomforts." I appreciate all who have been there for me along the way. 

I am grateful for our Father in Heaven for His most priceless gift to us, the Savior. I hope you all are using light the world to it's fullest! 

"It's hard to forget someone who gave us so much to remember." Always remember Jesus Christ! I invite you all to read the "Living Christ" today. If you need to find it it is on the gospel library app or lds.org

Love you all and keep the faith. 

Quotes:
Don't talk about it were trying to be spiritual here...."-Sister Lewis 
"It was a little hot today...."It's because I woke up today."  -Shane
"Hand me a cookie, I wouldn't want them to spoil."-Brother Pierce 
"I wouldn't talk to me right now, just warning you." (Me in car ride having an anxiety attack)
"You better watch it. I'll kick ya in the knee and send you to bed with no supper."-Sister Pierce 

Love,
Sister Austin Miles

PO Box 284 Deer Lodge MT 59722

Montana Billings Mission










No comments:

Post a Comment